Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Thursday, January 3, 2013
I kicked off 2013 in the best way possible... with some of my favorite people at a low key pajamas-required New Years Eve celebration. Meat pie, oysters, cheese in multiple forms, margaritas, champagne cocktails and more deliciousness were consumed. New Year's Day was spent recovering with a Walking Dead marathon.
I started back to the gym (again) last week, which was admittedly poor timing. I'm not going to beat myself up over it and this time I've set what I think are very reasonable goals. Sure I'd like to weigh what I did when Jay and I started dating, but the fact is that I wasn't all that healthy back then. Although I was working out like a maniac, I had some pretty unhealthy eating and drinking habits. My new goal is to lose about 13% of my body weight and to work out at least three times a week. My previous goal had been to lose almost 20% of my body weight, which I think was probably a recipe for failure. When I get down to my goal weight, I can decide if I want to lose those last ten pounds.
I'm looking forward to these 25 things in 2013 (not resolutions - and also not in order):
- Be more positive
- Lose ~13% of body weight (or eat healthier and exercise at least 3x a week)
- Start a few plants from seed for the garden
- Come up with a new budget and stick to it
- Get rid of the red couch and chair that I freaking HATE
- Purchase new furniture and decorate downstairs
- Put together a time capsule for our house
- Blog at least twice a week
- Get organized - important documents, books, seasonal items, etc.
- Be in good enough shape to hike the Tongariro Alpine Crossing (aka Mount Doom) in New Zealand
- Raise a small flock of chickens for meat (at least six)
- Sell some eggs, otherwise we'll be overrun when the new chickens start laying
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, even though I'm scared of being eaten by a shark
- Snuggle a koala
- Install the heat pump downstairs
- Make room in the budget for a cleaning service
- Get the crawl space insulated
- Have photos done and send Christmas cards out this year
- Fence in yard
- Hatch out some silkie and black/red star mixes
- Say no and not feel guilty afterwards
- Have an awesome time at the Mardi Gras Ball
- Can tomatoes from our garden
- Print "before" collages to frame and hang in the house
- Use at least one week of our time share
We'll have to see how active Mount Doom is for #10. Apparently it has erupted quite recently!
That's all for now... I suppose that I should start working on my next blog post and plan my next gym visit!