- Be more positive
I think that I'm getting there. Honestly, therapy has helped me a lot... I do what I can, try to understand others and their motivations, then let the rest of it go.
- Lose ~13% of body weight (or eat healthier and exercise at least 3x a week)
I'm at 5.11% of my body weight. That's progress! I've also exercised at least 3 times a week for the last few weeks. I'll take it.
- Start a few plants from seed for the garden
I have the starter seed kit, I just need to figure out when to start the stuff.
- Come up with a new budget and stick to it
I've figured out the budget - next update will tell you if I stuck to it. :)
- Get rid of the red couch and chair that I freaking HATE
Ugh, not yet.
- Purchase new furniture and decorate downstairs
Also not yet. I have to make sure that it fits with #4.
- Put together a time capsule for our house
I have it, but it's sitting downstairs on my kitchen counter. It doesn't need to go in until we finish the drywall in my old bedroom's closet.
- Blog at least twice a week
Failing that one. Oops.
- Get organized - important documents, books, seasonal items, etc.
Maybe later this year. I'm just happy to have my house mostly in one piece!
- Be in good enough shape to hike the Tongariro Alpine Crossing (aka Mount Doom) in New Zealand
Definitely not yet. We leave in 50 days, so I think that should be enough time as long as I stick with those 3x a week workouts.
- Raise a small flock of chickens for meat (at least six)
This is gonna be a tough one. Not sure if I'll ever be able to do this.
- Sell some eggs, otherwise we'll be overrun when the new chickens start laying
Later this year... probably August or September when the new girls start laying.
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, even though I'm scared of being eaten by a shark
Oh it's gonna happen! Flights are booked, baby!
- Snuggle a koala
Also going to happen at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary in less than 2 months!
- Install the heat pump downstairs
This is finally happening tomorrow! I can't wait to have whole house HVAC!!
- Make room in the budget for a cleaning service
Not sure about this... I'm thinking that now that the house is completed, it's a lot easier to keep clean. Also, if we get a normal driveway and make some landscaping improvements, it will be much easier to keep our floors clean.
- Get the crawl space insulated
Yeah, yeah. It'll happen one day. Maybe soon. Maybe later. But someday this year.
- Have photos done and send Christmas cards out this year
Maybe I should make my appointment with Laura Dye now so that I don't slack on this one. I want the cats and chickens in our "family" photo. I think that would be awesome! Maybe an American Gothic kinda thing in front of the house. But with Jay in his turnout gear (shirtless with suspenders would be HILARIOUS) and me with a chicken under one arm and a cat under the other.
- Fence in yard
This is going to happen, although not sure if it will happen before or after the trip
- Hatch out some silkie and black/red star mixes
They're hatching tomorrow! Squee! :)
- Say no and not feel guilty afterwards
I've been doing that more often. Really.
- Have an awesome time at the Mardi Gras Ball
I did have an awesome time, although I must say that I was quite happy and relieved when it was all over. I was even happy to clean up the next day!
- Can tomatoes from our garden
Gotta plant them first. And put up a fence so that the chickiepoos don't eat them.
- Print "before" collages to frame and hang in the house
I started to get some of these together. I need to make this happen.
- Use at least one week of our time share
We are planning to take a group vacation to the Dominican at the end of the year, but when I wrote to the timeshare people, they told me that they couldn't confirm a villa for us until a month out. GRRR. So in all likelihood, we will be using another person's timeshare to make sure that we get what we want. I'm quite irked by the whole thing.
Thursday, March 21, 2013
25 Things - Update on Progress
At the beginning of the year, I posted my goals/quasi-resolutions... here is an update on how I'm doing: