Or more accurately, $245 million dollars (cash payout).
Like anyone who has ever spent a buck buying a lottery ticket, I spend the days around the drawing thinking about what I’d do with my cash.
Here are 25 Things that I would do (in no particular order) if I won:
- Quit my job (with two weeks notice, of course – I would even stay on to train my replacement)
- Hire a great trust lawyer
- Hire my old coworkers from Wilmington Trust to manage my money (I’d need my planner/CPA, investment guru, trust experts and personal banker)
- Set up a trust to own a business or two
- Set up another trust to provide for my family
- Have one of the businesses pay my friends to be my friends
- Fund a business idea for my friends
- Set up a philanthropic foundation
- Fully fund my dad’s scholarship fund (perhaps through the foundation)
- Buy this island for our commune
- Buy this penthouse in Coolangatta
- Buy this property in Key West
- Buy a winery in New Zealand - that way I'll never run out of wine!
- Go to school full-time and get a 4 year degree
- Get massages once a week
- Have a spa day once a month
- Hire a housekeeper – I despise cleaning!
- Get in fantastic shape with all of my free time
- Hire a personal shopper/stylist
- Do a SCUBA liveaboard trip in Australia to the GBR and the Whitsundays
- Visit Antarctica and play with the penguins
- Invest in Downtown Denton
- Buy a boat or two (as an investment for bareboat/charters and to play whenever I wanted)
- Buy our neighbors' houses & rehab their properties
- Shark cage dive with Great Whites in South Africa
Those things are on my list... what would YOU do with $245 million? What do you think, Kelly?